Orton-Gillingham Approach Introductory Course
Subscriber members have taken an introductory course of at least 6 hours and are considered informed consumers but are not qualified to teach using the Orton-Gillingham Approach.
The course provides an initial overview of the nature of dyslexia and of the principles of the Orton-Gillingham (OG) Approach. It is an introductory overview that provides a basic understanding of the science, the rationale, and the structure behind the Approach.
The Subscriber Course is recommended for:
- Parents of children with dyslexia
- Individuals with dyslexia who wish to gain an understanding of their learning differences
- Teachers with students who experience difficulty learning to read and write
- Professionals who may wish to go on with their studies to become practitioners
- School Administrators
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Professionals who wish to learn about this multisensory teaching approach